Published: Jan. 4, 2024
Tutorial: Prototype of witness angel handbag
The witness angel handbag is still only at the experimental stage; it still needs to be industrialized, and the legal aspects to be framed.
But it's already possible for Raspberry Pi mini-computer enthusiasts to make their own!
- A Raspberry Pi Zero board (version 1 is sufficient)
- A clock module (RTC), to keep the system on time
- A slim module with 5 buttons and an RGB LED (Pimoroni Button Shim)
- A digital paper screen (e.g. Waveshare or DFRobot)
- A high-capacity memory card in MicroSD format
- A camera for Raspberry Pi Zero
- Optionally, a USB microphone connected to a Micro USB OTG cable
- High-capacity external USB battery
- Screen/keyboard/mouse set for configuration
To play with this prototype, the easiest way is to use the preconfigured system image for Raspberry Pi, see details on the Witness Angel Recorder application page.
You can refer to this blog's tutorial "ideotestimony for Condominiums - Installation of the recorder box", for more details on setting up and using the Raspberry Pi system.
The main difference lies in the configuration of the peripherals: you need to disable the IP camera sensor, and instead activate the local camera (and even the local microphone, if present), as well as the E-paper screen and the 5-button slim module.
Once everything's up and running, all you have to do is slip the system, with its battery, into your handbag, taking care not to crease the fragile camera connection ribbon!